Thursday, October 1, 2009

some whiskey in my whiskey

  • Did Autumn totally sneak up on anyone else? I just put my bathing suits in my underbed storage like three days ago and haven't even pulled out the jackets yet. I'm not ready to see the sandals go.
  • I may or may not have rewarded myself for going to my first "woman doctor" visit (yes, I'm 22 and it should've happened years ago, I don't want to talk about it. Although if anyone needs tips for avoiding medical procedures, just let me know, I'm a pro; it took my dentist four years to get me to have my wisdom teeth taken out) with a J. Crew shopping spree. Everyone walking down Broadway just looked to well put together yesterday and nothing makes you feel frumpier than a surgical gown and shame.
  • I answer the main line in our office and you would be amazed at how many times a day I have this conversation:
Me: Good morning/afternoon, Strapless Living Incorporated
Caller: Hi, may I please speak with John Doe
Me: I'm sorry, I believe you have the wrong number, we don't have a John Doe in this office.
Caller: Is this 555-555-5555?
Me: No it is not, this is 555-555-5555.
Caller: Do you know how to get in touch with John Doe?
Me: No, I do not know John Doe.
Caller: *suspiciously* ...okay....

I would never, upon dialing the wrong number, assume that the person on the other line knew the phone number of the person I was attempting to call. Just because I know how to answer the telephone doesn't mean I have memorized the yellow pages.
  • Gratuitous song of the day from my latest obsession, The Felice Brothers (who are playing a New Year's Eve show in Brooklyn this year and who might cause me to end my "never go out on New Year's ever again," streak).

3 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I'm not ready for the season change either! The high temperature has dropped a good 30 degrees over the past month- 76 instead of 106! Luckily, Texas is full of random warm fronts so I'll be wearing my sandals for many, many days to come :).

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you have never had the pleasure of feeling humiliated in a ridiculous paper gown. J. Crew reward was well in order for that business. Congratulations.

Andhari said...

Seriiiouuslyyy that is why I barely pick phones up, people can be TOO weird :p

Anyhoo, why aren't you pumped for fall season yet? Lol sure flip flops are comfy but look at those gorgeous jackets, blazers and scarves? Cuteness.