Tuesday, September 29, 2009

word vomit

  • I got my copy of Vegan Yum Yum in the mail today (thanks to Mama Strapless Living, an exceedingly generous woman when it comes to Amazon.com) and am very excited to make all sorts of crazy tofu things. My only concern is that because I'm not really going vegan full blast, but rather meekly avoiding most dairy, that I'm going to mess up some of the recipes. I've got the soy milk, sure, but egg beaters instead of complete egg replacer. Also, I don't have a food processor, which seems to be a bit of a problem for a lot of the recipes (see earlier posts re: size of my kitchen for explanation as to why procuring one isn't particularly practical). Regardless, I'm going to try to do at least on recipe a week; I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Speaking of not eating dairy, I agreed to babysit for a friend of mine who just had a baby (I know, I know, this totally contradicts my fear of babies, but I couldn't say no) and she graciously insisted on making me dinner. Since she just birthed a TWELVE POUND baby a month ago, I didn't want to unload my dietary insanity on her and will be eating Spanish Tortilla tonight. Fingers crossed no heart attacks.

gratuitous plaid love

  • List love is spreading. Since I am usually unable to write things not in list format, perhaps I should submit something?
  • What should I write a list of? How to act like a geriatric? Members of bands one should try to avoid losing their virginity to in the back of rental cars? Ideas welcome.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Let me know if the book is good. I know Lolo is a picky eater, so there shouldn't be anything too weird in there. She has a few "will not eat" rules. Nothing with onions is one I remember, but I know she has more. Pickles, maybe?

Anyway, that was a weird diversion. My point in commenting was to suggest a mini food processor. They take up less room and should work with her recipes, since most of them are for 1-2 people (so I've heard).

Andhari said...

You're a good friend! Enjoy spanish tortilla, it's ok to have a break once in a while. I'm kinda annoyed when people just can't take a break sometimes when they visit people's houses and ask for complicated things when being served meals. It's cool to know you're not doing that.

Anyhoo, list idea : hot male celebrities you wanna keep at home if you're the female version of hugh hefner and have your own "playboy mansion".

Strapless Living said...

jules - will look into mini food processors and will let you know how my recipe trials go!

andhari - good list suggestion, do you think hugh laurie and kanye would fight if i made them share a room?