Thursday, July 31, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Greetings from Paris, part deux! Sorry that previous post was so obnoxious ("I'm in Paris, wah wah wah"), I blame my jet lagged induced illness and this fucking french keyboard (WHY IS THE M NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE?). Fortunately, today was much better than yesterday and although still not super exciting, gave me hope that I will not be the first person in the world to bitch and ,oan (see that? the way it says ",oan" instead of "moan?" That's because there is a comma where the M should be. It's actually killing me) her way around Europe. Today I went to the Centre Pompidou and looked at all sorts of modern art, which is the surest way to put me in a better mood because I looove modern painting. Sculpture and photography I enjoy, sure, but I get sort of antsy in sculpture gardens and those walk-in installation pieces because I always feel sort of bored by them but know that they are impressive and I should just shut up and marvel. Paintings however I will pluck my scrawny white girl ass right in front of and gaze at forever. The museum even had a Brice Marden piece, which almost caused me to squeal with delight before I realized that would be totally un-Parisian and chic of me.
Anyways, I'm hoping tomorrow will be even more enjoyable than today and tomorrow night I will venture out into Parisian nightlife (fingers crossed, I might not be ballsy enough for this one tomorrow but it WILL get done before I leave). As for tonight, it's raining hellaciously out so I'll be here in the apartment watching CSI in French and eating nutella. I don't know what I was worried about last night, I mean, it's just France.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
- A set of curlers from Kmart
- A plane ticket from London to Berlin for August 8th (I'm going to Europe in a couple of weeks, more on that later!)
- A game card to play arcade games at an arcade in Newport, KY because of Tom Petty being sold out.
- Oregon Girl - Someone Still Loves you Boris Yeltsin (google them, they're delightful despite slightly douchey name)
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (I almost didn't type this for fear that it might get stuck in your head like it is in mine)
- Damaged - Danity Kane
- Outer Banks, North Carolina
- Abingdon, Virginia
- Chicago, Illinois
- Animal House
- Pride and Prejudice
- Disney's the Sword and the Stone
- An earrings and necklace set; the necklace given to me by my parents and the earrings by my best friend
- a library chair from a Cincinnati public library that my senior year high school teacher got from the garbage when they tore it down. It's a seafoam green/blue, classic school type chair. I sat in it during AP english and he allowed me to barter for it at the end of the year (I gave him a hideous set of bookends my parents got in the Philippines in the 80s).
- my brand spanking new diploma
- my cell phone
- diet ginger ale
- my little brother
- to have perfect health
- to have a fulfilling career (with a grossly fat paycheck)
- a beach house, and the time to spend there
- committed a felony
- been in love
- ran more than two miles at a time
- anything with tortillas, cheese, sauteed veggies, and sour creme. literally, anything.
- homemade baked macaroni and cheese with peas and approximately a gallon of paprika
- anything baked into a pie crust (apples, chocolate, pecans, mud, etc.)
- Hugh Laurie
- Michael Cera
- Kathy Griffin (Jennifer I know I stole your answer but I LOVE her!)
- job searching
- that specific type of aggressive and loud person that starts making "joking jabs" like four minutes after you meet them
- watching other people brush their teeth
- neurotic (I know like that seems it wouldn't fit with the first but somehow I'm the most laid back person about some things and insane about others)
- putting things back together (broken jewelry, vacuums, etc.)
- making lattice tops on pies
- identifying previous roles of random actors/actresses in the film I'm watching, even if they're like extras (this can be really annoying when watching movies with me, I'll admit)
- a job
- a boy to have a crush on
- new sunglasses
- Blondie at Pink Honda Civic because I just started reading her blog and need to learn more!
- see this is where my fat kid youth comes into play, I was never able to actually tag someone, only get tagged so... I really don't know how to continue on the taggage so I'll guess I'll be uber lame and request that anyone who wants to play do so!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
I just want to let you all know that someone got to my blog by googling "wedding strapless dress armpit fat." I FEEL YAH GIRLFRIEND (okay, so maybe I just used the word "girlfriend" in all caps, so?). I myself get very nervous when faced with something strapless or sleeveless due to the phenomenon known as "armpit fat," which I find especially unfair since I have not been blessed with an ample bossom that usually accompanies said phenom. While I usually stick to just sort of "tucking in" the aforementioned armpit fat when no one is looking, my new advice is hit the gym and do a million bench presses and or push ups. This will work your arms ands chest, helping diminish arm pit fatiness. Of course, the only reason I do these things (not that I'm saying I do them very often; this blog is nothing if not truthful regarding my obscene laziness) is under the misguided impression that if I get stronger pecs it will somehow push out the tiny bossom I do have and make that look bigger. If you know for a fact that that is impossible DO NOT TELL ME or I'll never exercise again.
P.S. other search queries leading to my blog included "what would happen if you sponge painted over a popcorn ceiling" and "preppy wall stencils." I respond to both of these with a resonding "NO! DON'T DO IT!" I have experienced the sponge painted popcorn ceiling and it's atrocious; just paint the thing crisp white and hope that no one notices the little popcorn things. As for preppy wall stencils, you mean like little stencil argyles? or critter chinos? I don't fully understand but generally my response to wall stencils is "no no no."
Photo from here.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
(p.s. my towel, whic you can see the corner of in the photo is from wal-mart, seven dollars. best purchase of the summer)
Well, after twelve hours of driving I have finally made it to North Carolina the...tarheel state? Should probably figure out the motto before befriending locals. Anyways, I've only been in my mom's friend's beach house for like an hour and already awkwardness has ensued. One of the other women my mom's friend invited brought her 18 year old daughter, who is very...odd. She's one of those people that never grew out of the preteen phase where you know what a joke is but aren't quite able to tell one yet so you sort of spout out random things in a voice that implies "oh I'm so funny and sarcastic." For some reason this type of person makes me really uncomfortable because I am somehow not physically able to force myself to laugh at their "jokes" so I just end up making pained faces and they think I'm weird/not very nice. ANYWAYS, this wouldn't be a problem except I'm supposed to share a bedroom with her. It has two twin beds and everything but you can tell she's the kind of person that's going to want to chat in the evenings and I'll just be left going "um...yeah..." Which is why I have awkwardly inflated the ultra super delux air mattress that I forced my mother to bring because random shit like this always happens to me. So now I'm the girl that didn't want to sleep in the same room with the other girl...nice. Why do people always assume that "the young people" will immediately be best friends and want to sleep elbow to elbow? Just because we're both under twenty-five doesn't mean we'll have anything to say to each other.
Well, now that I've made a mountain out of a molehill, it's time for some shut eye on this fabulous air mattress. I'm not kidding, this thing is double layer (as thick as a real mattress with box spring) with interior coils and a plush top; why would I want to sleep anywhere else? Tomorrow will spent fully at the beach reading trashy books and Vogue and flipping like a rotisserie chicken-gotta love summer.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I feel like recently all I've done is tell you that I'm leaving for a few days; I'm such a heartless blogger. Which is why I'm typing this bon voyage post on my blackberry (need the typing practice) so that I will be geared up for satellite posting from afar. I'm off to North Carolina until Saturday (very last minute, just found out today, one of those 'my mom's friend's friend has this beach house that's empty this week...' type deals), but I promise to update you as much as possible (hannah+bathing suits+large waves is bound to yield something funny). Au revoir!